Monday, June 28, 2010

Week 2 & Recap

Last week went pretty great. Friday I convinced my husband to come to the gym with me. We worked out shoulders, chest, and back, and then did about an hour of cardio together. Afterwards, we played a little basketball. We both kinda suck (in my opinion :)), so that kind of made it more fun.

What's terrible about going to the gym though is that my daughter still needs to get used to strangers. For about 20min while we were there, we spent trying to calm the little one down. Between her teeth and the separation anxiety, I can say that I can expect to be called to take care of her probably about 90% of the time I work out. I love my baby to death, but sometimes I just don't know what to do...

We didn't end up working out on Saturday, as we wanted to spend more time together as a family. We actually ate pretty terribly, and I'm sure it set me back on my weight loss goal. On Sunday I went for my run, pushing baby along in her jogging stroller--probably a little more difficult than running on a treadmill empty handed.

Today was nice, except for the fact that I spent a third of my personal training time trying to calm down my crying baby. Worked legs and abs. Not a very bad work out.. Cardio felt good. Between doing the C25K and the interval training on the eliptical, I covered a little more than 4 miles.

Tomorrow's spin class. Bought some new shoes, so I'm hoping it works out pretty well. Can't wait to try them out :)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, welcome to the Healthy You Challenge! Have a great week and good luck with your goals, they sound like very realistic ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I really hope so.. The hardest part so far is getting a good workout in when the baby doesn't like daycare, so I have to cut my time short :(

    ReplyDelete