Monday, June 21, 2010

Before and After.. a little different

Before having my baby, I never really had a huge weight problem. I was always in an area where I felt comfortable, though I always felt that I could probably do better. I could be better. Though my weight was never really an issue, my self-concept was never on the up-and-up. With that said, today was the first day I had officially dedicated myself to losing weight.

I took pictures. As painful as it is for me to expose these to people... I know that facing my insecurities is a major factor in my motivation. So I'm going to do something a little different. I'm going to post a picture of me before my pregnancy, and then after... I know most people's before and after is (larger weight vs smaller weight), but I'm hoping that exposing these images will fuel my ambition:

Before (June 2009) - Approx. 105 lbs and a few weeks pregnant


After (June 2010) - Exactly 130lbs


I know it seems as if my weight loss isn't that "extreme," but anyone who chooses to embark on this journey knows that this is not an easy task, no matter what the number. It disgusts me to see myself this way.

Please don't get me wrong and think that I'm the type of person who dwells on this. Though I hate my weight and what it's done to my esteem, I still love my life and my family. I am grateful for the things I do have. I just wish I had a little less of the stuff around my middle, thighs, arms, calves, neck.....

No comments:

Post a Comment