Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day "Number Two"

Today was pretty intersting... Last night my baby was being pretty cranky so I slept with her on the couch. I woke up to the smell of stink, having found that our 1+ year old dog took a nice, runny crap next to the sliding glass door. That's poop number two in the house within this last week. Oh, and he peed on the corner of my couch on the same corner where my daughter and I were sleeping. So.. needless to say I wanted to get started on cleaning right away. It was just a series of events that I kept building up in my head, giving myself excuses NOT to work out today...

Yesterday I hurt so bad from my tough leg workout with my trainer that I kept asking my husband (who is a certified Cross Fit Trainer), if he thought that I should still go to my spin class today. I love him to death for telling me to go, because if I hadn't I would've felt pretty bad. Good for him for not being an enabler :)

I guess it was good though, since about 5 minutes after I was on the bike, it actually started to feel pretty good on my legs. I made it through 45 minutes when someone from the day care came by and said that my baby was being unruly. I guess she wouldn't stop crying, so I had to get off my bike and get her. Determined to still get a good work out, I put her in her jogging stroller and went for a 30 minute run, completing my Couch to 5K workout and then some. I'm pretty proud of myself for that, actually.

So today's workout:

Cycling Class (45min)
Couch to 5K (20min)
Running / Walking (10min)

I am still struggling a bit with my diet, particularly carbs. The reason why is because I always look for "fast" food, like breakfast bars or frozen waffles. I think I'm going to try to make more salads. I think when I have a little more time this week, I'm going to put salads (without dressing) in tupperware, so that way all I need to do is just grab it and add dressing. Maybe that'll help.. Ah, well, I guess I just feel optimistic right now :)

Tomorrow's another day with the personal trainer. At least it's not my legs anymore. Mmm.. the smell of Icy Hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment